-Do you dream of the day you can ditch it all and go on an extended cruise around the world?
-Is your Pinterest board filled with floor plans, fabric swatches and sketches of double-decker closets just waiting for the moment you can start construction on your Amalfi Coast Dream Home?
-Do you fantasize what it would be like to watch the World Series or the Super Bowl from your private Owner’s box?
Haven’t we all thought about what we would do if money were no object? Do our priorities change based on our age? We couldn’t help but wonder what we would do if we hit the jackpot.
Amanda (30-Something Millennial)
- I wouldn’t tell anyone right away. I’ll need to conduct undercover tests of friendship.
- I’d hire a Glam Squad, because when I did tell everyone I was rich, I’d want to look my best. And I’d probably splurge on the overly expensive Dyson hair dryer so on the rare occasion I did have to do my own hair, it’d still be fabulous as I walked off my private jet to my new Tesla. WITH A DRIVER! Only peasants drive themselves around.
- I’d immediately apply to be on My Lottery Dream home on HGTV because I wouldn’t want to miss out on some sort of reality TV opportunity. This is when I’ll tell the world “I WON!”
- INVEST! I may be rich, but I’m not dumb.
- Quit my job. I’d enjoy being a lady of leisure and a stay-at-home dog Mom for a bit. Preferably on an island where it’s always sunny and all the drinks are served with tiny umbrellas in them.
- Spoil my nearest and dearest. Example: I’d buy my Mom a “Granny Pod” so she could live on her own in my spacious backyard. My dog would live like a KING (not that he doesn’t already!) and he’d probably get a lot of puppy brothers and sisters, too.
Karen (F’ing Fifties)
First, I would do all of the things, i.e. make sure my family and friends are allowed to live comfortably then call my new BFF, David Bromstad from HGTV’s Lottery Dream Home, and search for a beautiful Beachfront Bargain Hunt. Just because I’m now a gazillionaire doesn’t mean I don’t love a good bargain.
Next up, have Bravo TV’s beloved Captain Lee and Chief Stew Kate Chastain from Below Deck round up their crew and stock The Valor for my luxury yacht charter cruise to Thailand. Do I need to put anything other than wine & sunshine on my preference sheet?
And, finally, partner with The Dog Whisperer to help turn my 10 Acre bargain beach property into a luxury pet sanctuary.
So, basically, I would turn my life into one of my all-time guilty pleasures, a Reality TV Show. Except without the cameras. Or the drama. Care to join me?
Brooke (60-Something Baby Boomer)
If you know me, you know I’m a nester, not a traveler. I already live in a vacay paradise, so why leave? Except for the friends and family I love, it’s too peopley out there.
Home is everything to me and, while I love my home – c’mon! I just won the Lottery! So, I’d swap out my place for an oceanfront compound; a main house and 2 or 3 sweet guest cottages. A house that would tick every conceivable box on my wish list, the construction, furnishing and decoration of which would fulfill my fantasies. Once complete, all my peeps would know that whenever the mood strikes or the snow falls, I will fly them down for a visit. I’m buying my friendships, you say? Yep. Absolutely. Not above that.
Lindsay (Fabulous Forties)
Richer than Rich Lindsay would:
Take care of everyone I love the most. Guess you will know how much I REALLY love you shortly after I win.
Buy a private jet, because I am insanely rich…not insane. I am never waiting in an airport EVER again
Have multiple enormous vacation homes. I may want a beach view, maybe a lake view or maybe a mountain view, so I will have them all. Family & friends can now vaca for free whenever they like.
Hire a staff of many in every location. I want to fly in and have my staff stocking the liquor cabinet and fridge, preparing my snack, fluffing my pillows, and ready to massage my feet when I arrive.
Take amazing vacations. I see myself yachting, exploring and just relaxing all over the world.
I will smile every day, because I never have to “work” another day of my life.
What would you do if you won the lottery?
Would you change your lifestyle completely or would it be business as usual (but with a little cushion)?
Scroll down to Leave a Reply
Note: Your email address will not be posted
Are there any topics would you like to see us discuss?
Do you have a Question or Comment?
Are you looking for four unique perspectives on a specific topic?
Scroll down to Leave A Reply or to read our Previous Posts!
If you are not already doing so, click the “Follow” link in the bottom right corner to follow us and automatically receive notification of new posts!
THANK YOU FOR VISITING, SPREAD THE WORD, TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND COME BACK SOON!
Top of Form